1) Application Form
- Fill out and submit the application form on the following JAAS Website.
- For your admission, we need one personal reference from one member of our association. Obtain his/her approval, and enter his/her name and e-mail address in the application form. We will ask him/her about your admission.
- If you cannot find any personal reference in our association, enter “none” in both spaces for reference’s name and e-mail address in the application form. In addition, please send us (to the Dogura Office below) your letter to explain why you apply for the membership (freestyle, one page of A4 paper).
- Your admission will be granted after the approval of our committee.
2) Payment of Annual Fee (Japanese academic year begins in April and ends in March)
- When your admission is approved, we will let you know by e-mail.
- Please pay your annual fee immediately.
Member (Individual): 6,000 yen
- Payment can be made through;
(1) Postal transfer to 01060-3-40389, Japan Association for African Studies (JAAS), or
(2) Bank transfer to Japan Post Bank, Branch 109, Current Account 0040389, Japan Association for African Studies
When your admission is approved after October 1st, you can use your first payment as the annual fee of the next academic year (April to March). In this case, we will send you our journal starting next academic year, but your membership starts in the academic year of your first payment. When you want to utilize this arrangement, please let us know by writing down your request in the correspondence space of money transfer form.
Only members can make presentations in JAAS annual meetings. Normally annual meetings are held in the latter half of May or the first half of June. Therefore, you must submit your application for the membership by no later than January 15th.
Withdrawal from Membership
- When you withdraw from JAAS, please write a notice of withdrawal to the president of JAAS, and send it to the Dogura Office by mail or e-mail.
- If you fail to pay member’s fee for three years, your membership would be annulled.
Dogura Office of JAAS
1-8, Koyama-Nishihanaike, Kita-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto 603-8148, Japan
E-mail: info (atmark) african-studies.com (please change “atmark” to ＠)