JAAS membership fee exemption measures (economic depression triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic)
The JAAS board decided to adopt membership fee exemption measures for those who are experiencing difficulties in continuing their research activities due to the economic depression triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic.
1) Eligible members: non-permanent or non-fulltime workers as well as undergraduate and graduate students whose income has been reduced to less than half of the normal times during the last fiscal year or will be reduced to less than half of the normal times during this fiscal year.
2) Application document: one page password protected PDF document in A4 with a written description of your economic condition in relation to the point 1 above.
3) Submission: For information security, you are required to send the application email in 2 parts. In the first email send the application document as an attached file and write “Application for membership fee exemption” in the subject line. In the second email, send the password. Write “PW” as the e-mail subject. The address of JAAS secretariat office is info(atmark)african-studies.com (please change “(atmark)” to “@”).
4) Inquiry: Inquiries can be sent to the same email above. Write “Inquiry about membership fee exemption” as the subject.
5) Application deadline: June 15 (Wednesday), 2022
6) Screening and notification: JAAS directors will review the applications and inform the applicants of the result by e-mail by the end of June.